How To Deal With Rough, Cracked Heels
Hello, Loves! Have you ever noticed that your heels are rougher than the average individual? Maybe you noticed that they have started to crack...well you are not alone. Studies conducted by the Institute for Preventive Foot Health (IPFH) in 2012 show that 20 percent of adults over the age of 21 suffer from cracked heels. Although this is very common, there are certain things you should know about the cause and prevention cracked heels.
1. Cracked heels can be harmless depending on the severity of the symptoms. If the cracks are deep, they may bleed and cause pain when standing or walking. If the cracks are less severe, you will notice dry skin and slight fissures in the heel, but it will mainly be a cosmetic issue.
2. Knowing the cause of your cracked heels may be the answer to how to prevent it in the future. Some causes are standing on your feet for long periods of time, or even wearing shoes such as high heels that are the real-life meaning of "beauty is pain". Ill-fitted shoes will cause more pressure on your feet causing your heels to become inflamed and irritated.
3. Other causes of cracked heels include obesity and certain diseases such as vitamin deficiency or Diabetes. Damage to the nerves of the feet due to low, or high blood sugar can cause dry, cracked skin.
4. Many home remedies could relieve your dry, cracked heels. Catching the dryness early will make it easier to prevent your heels from cracking in the future.
5. If you have dry skin, start moisturizing with your favorite lotion and a moisturizing heel sock or sleeve over the top and wear overnight while you sleep.
6. Another DIY remedy is to soak your feet in warm water with Listerine and vinegar for 20 minutes then scrub with a pumice stone to remove dead skin.
7. Regular pedicures are another way to help relieve your cracked heels, you can get pretty heels and toes in one sitting. Men are welcome to try this remedy as well.
8. If you're looking for a quicker treatment with longer-lasting results, try using a pair of warm paraffin wax booties to treat your feet! As opposed to cold or room-temperature lotions, the heated component aids in circulation, reduces inflammation and provides hydration. Your feet will be silky smooth after only 10 minutes of treatment.