Effective: July 18, 2023
Personal Data We Collect
How We Use Your Personal Data
How We Obtain Your Personal Data
Who We Share Your Personal Data With
Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
Accessing, Modifying, Rectifying, and Correcting Collected Personal Data
Your California Privacy Rights
Your Nevada Rights
Cookies, Web Tracking, and Advertising
Protecting Personal Data
Retention of Personal Data
Other Important Information About Personal Data and the Services
|Collection of Personal Data from Children
Third-Party Websites and Services
Do Not Track
Modifications and Updates to this Privacy Notice
Applicability of this Privacy Notice
Additional Information and Assistance
ParaffinUSA LLC (“Parasilk,” “we,” “us,” “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our processing of personal data, please see the bottom of this Privacy Notice for information about how to contact us.
This Privacy Notice explains our practices with respect to personal data we collect and process about you. This includes information we collect through, or in association with, our website with a home page located at https://www.parasilk.com, our products and services that we may offer from time to time via our website and/or related apps, our related social media sites, or otherwise through your interactions with us (the website, apps, products, services, and social media pages, collectively, the “Services”).
Please review the following to understand how we process and safeguard personal data about you. By using any of our Services, whether by visiting our website or otherwise, and/or by voluntarily providing personal data to us, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the practices contained in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time, so please ensure that you check this Privacy Notice periodically to remain fully informed.
- Personal Data We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal data”). In addition, we may collect data that is not identifiable to you or otherwise associated with you, such as aggregated data, and is not personal data. To the extent this data is stored or associated with personal data, it will be treated as personal data; otherwise, the data is not subject to this notice.
We collect and process your personal data as part of our business operations, which include:
- Providing, predicting, or performing, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, and processing payments.
- Marketing our products and services to you, including sending you messages about the products and services we offer, and which are offered by third parties through email.
- Communicating with you by email, phone and other methods of communication, about products, services, order status, and information tailored to your requests or inquiries.
- Facilitating your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to send comments and reviews.
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and improving the platform experience.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of the services or devices owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the services or devices owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, or for other purposes, as permitted or required by law.
- Enforcing our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, us, and other third parties.
We collect your personal data from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. When you provide it to us directly whether online, by email, or by phone; create an account to place an order store order history; we may collect your name, mailing and/or billing address, email, phone number, and payment/credit card information.
- Automatically or indirectly from you. For example, through logging and analytics tools (such as Google Analytics, Meta, Google Ads, and Shopify), cookies, pixel tags, and as a result of your use of and access to the Services, or through your interactions with us on social media websites (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn).
- From our Service Providers. For example, e-commerce providers (such as ABC, HSN and Shopify) and payment processing providers (such as Shopify), order processing and fulfillment services, commercial email providers, security consultants, and other Service Providers we engage.
We may share personal data with the following categories of third parties:
You have certain rights regarding the collection and processing of personal data. You may exercise these rights, to the extent they apply to you, by contacting us at the information provided at the end of this Privacy Notice, or by following instructions provided in this Privacy Notice or in communications sent to you.
We strive to maintain the accuracy of any personal data collected from you, and will try to respond promptly to update our records when you tell us the information in our records is not correct. However, we must rely upon you to ensure that the information you provide to us is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, and to inform us of any changes. Please review all of your information carefully before submitting it to us, and notify us as soon as possible of any updates or corrections.
Depending on the laws that apply to you, you may obtain from us certain personal data in our records. If you wish to access, review, or make any changes to personal data you have provided to us through the Services, please contact us at the information provided at the end of this Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to deny access as permitted or required by applicable law.
California’s “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once per year per person, must be sent to Service@Parasilk.com and are free of charge. Please write “Shine the Light Request” in the subject line.
Nevada law permits our users who are Nevada consumers to request that their personal data not be sold (as defined under applicable Nevada law), even if their personal data is not currently being sold. Requests may be sent to Service@Parasilk.com or by calling the toll-free number below, and are free of charge. Please write “Nevada Data Request” in the subject line.
You have choices about certain information we collect about you, how we communicate with you, and how we process certain personal data. When you are asked to provide information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to provide some of our Services, you may not be able to use those Services. In addition, it is possible to change your browser settings to block the automatic collection of certain information.
Please note that blocking, deleting, or restricting cookies may negatively affect the performance or certain functionality of the Services, and opting out of online behavioral advertising will not prevent the delivery of ads, but rather may result in more repetitive and/or less relevant advertisements.
To opt out of many online behavioral advertising mechanisms, including Facebook, Google, and others, you can use the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out service and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool.
If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, and certain Google advertising functionality, you may do so using Google’s opt-out tool.
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to promote the security of our systems and protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of personal data. However, no method of safeguarding information is completely secure. While we use measures designed to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective or sufficient. In addition, you should be aware that Internet data transmission is not always secure, and we cannot warrant that information you transmit utilizing the Services is or will be secure.
We retain your personal data pursuant to our records retention policy, as well as to the extent we deem necessary to carry out the processing activities described above, including but not limited to compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, and to the extent we reasonably deem necessary to protect our and our partners’ rights, property, or safety, and the rights, property, and safety of our users and other third parties.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more information, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service, available at (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms), or Shopify’s Privacy Statement, available at (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
This Privacy Notice replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided to you about our information practices with respect to the Services. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, and/or update this Privacy Notice, and any such modifications, alterations, or updates will be effective upon our posting of the revised Privacy Notice. We encourage you to check this page each time you visit the Site. Your continued use of the Services following our posting of any revised Privacy Notice will constitute your acknowledgement of the amended Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice is subject to any agreements, including the Terms of Service that govern your use of the Services. This Privacy Notice applies regardless of the means used to access or provide information through the Services.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information from or about you collected by any third-party services, applications, or advertisements associated with, or websites linked from, the Services. The collection or receipt of your information by such third parties is subject to their own privacy policies, statements, and practices, and under no circumstances are we responsible or liable for any third party’s compliance therewith.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice and/or how we process personal data, please contact us at:
3104 E Camelback Rd #3028
Phoenix, AZ 85016
We use Accessibly to ensure that our website is ADA-compliant. For more information about how users with disabilities can access this Privacy Notice in an alternative format, please contact us through the above methods.